Search our Jobs
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is required within a precision engineering environment to ensure all mechanical aspects of volume manufacturing infrastructure and products. The successful candidate will support various projects to ensure successful integration of products into the manufacturing site. This position will be working for a market leading, international manufacturer within their talented and growing team.
The role will work out of a brand new, purpose-built facility near Cambridge.
A salary of up to £45,000 plus benefits is available depending on experience.
- Generation of design concepts to meet specified requirements
- Testing as required to prove designs
- Process change requests
- Fault analysis / Stress and Strain calculations
- Generation of specifciations and technical documentation where required
- Use the CAD System (SolidWorks 2019) to generate 3D models
- Ensure company procudures and controls are met (ISO 9001 & 14001)
What you need to have:
- · Relevant degree or equivalent
- · Experience of working in a precision manufacturing environment
- · ISO 9001 procedures
- · CAD, Solidworks or similar
- · Lean design/manufacturing
Package and Benefits:
Base Salary – up to £45,000 + benefits
Commutable from – Huntingdon, Peterborough, Cambourne, Royston, St Neots, Bedford, Ely, Newmarket, Letchworth Garden City